The Electra Bicycle Company has partnered with Bosch to bring the all new Townie® Go! 8i eBike to market later this year. A battery-powered, pedal-assist bike, the new Townie Go! 8i has been upgraded with a Bosch frame-mounted mid-motor that’s quieter and a Shimano 8-speed internal gear hub that allows the rider to adjust their cadence based on speed. With a lower center of gravity, the Townie Go! 8i provides a smooth, comfortable ride with a wider range of power support.
In true Electra fashion, the new line of Townie Go! 8i bikes will come in an array of colors from lime to azure to polished silver. The balloon tires glide over any surface with unlimited traction and multi-gear functionality that lets the rider control output and battery life. All of this combined with the Townie’s patented Flat Foot Technology® means the most comfortable ride, whether it’s been two hours or two decades since you’ve been on a bike.
Perfect for various types of riding, the Bosch Performance Line eBike system is the best in class, lightweight and allows the rider to choose from four modes:
- Eco: Effective support at maximum efficiency
- Tour: Steady support for long tours
- Sport: Immediate, powerful support for athletic riding off-road and in city traffic
- Turbo: Direct, powerful support up to maximum cadence for athletic riding
Other unique features and benefits include:
- Electric-assist via the Bosch Performance Line system with a 250 watt mid-frame motor
- A Lithium-ion battery that lasts for 20-100 miles depending on the mode and terrain
- Maximum electric-assisted speed of 20 miles per hour
- Lightweight 606 T6 aluminum frame
- Front and rear LED lighting
- Frame lock keyed to match the battery lock
- Alloy rear rack
- Painted rims and painted alloy fenders
The Electra Townie Go! 8i will be available later this month at an SRP of $2,729.99USD/$3,999.99CAD.
[button link=”http://www.electrabike.com/bikes/townie-go” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Electra[/button]